- The global number of EV chargers will also increase in 2022.
- Apple's known for running very few sales of its own, but that doesn't mean you can't get a great deal on its products at third-party retailers and sometimes even Apple itself. We've found the best prices available right now for Apple's iPhones, iPads, MacBooks, Apple Watches, AirPods, and more.
- ARK Invest's Big Ideas 2022 annual research report identifies five innovation platforms that are evolving and converging and 14 transformative technologies that are approaching tipping points as costs drop.
- Security researchers have found a privilege escalation vulnerability in pkexec, a tool that's present by default on many Linux installations. The flaw, called PwnKit, could allow attackers to easily gain root privileges on systems if they have access to a regular user without administrative privileges.Researchers from security firm Qualys who discovered and reported the vulnerability […]
- Even criminals have an off day. After all, human-led ransomware attacks are just that; human. Which means the criminals behind them can often make errors.While ransomware adversaries can appear scary to defenders, with a lot of bravado to back up their threats, mistakes reveal that there are many examples of ransomware attacks that, unfortunately for […]
- Edge is the concept that moves computing from a centralized model to a decentralized one, away from datacenter consolidation across cloud and infrastructure, applications, and workloads and closer to where data is generated or consumed. According to a new report from AT&T Business, edge network definitions and usage are in a state of flux across […]
WSJ Technology News
- Verizon says it has addressed issues that appeared to affect about 6,000 TracFone customers who have had their phone numbers commandeered.
- The court decision is a blow to the European bloc’s main antitrust regulator, which is seeking to expand its reach through new regulations and a reinterpretation of its existing powers.
- The recent tech selloffs in China and America have very different drivers, and therein lies a potential inflection point in the emerging competition between the two countries.
- Experts say January's stock-market performance signals a significant shift in the once sky-high expectations for fast-growing companies to go public.
- When you're struggling, research shows responding to that emotion by asking yourself a few simple questions greatly increases the likelihood you will eventually succeed.
- Don't jump into social media without following these important steps.
- The memory corruption vulnerability in a policy component installed by default on most Linux distributions allows any user to become root. Researchers have already reproduced the exploit.
- It's not just your imagination — malicious threats have exponentially increased organizational risk.
- Europol and 10 nations seized servers and disconnected the anonymous network allegedly used by many cybercriminals in the latest effort to hobble cybercrime groups.
- Two years ago, the pandemic brought on a rapid shift to remote work. Organizations accelerated digital transformation timelines to meet the new needs of both customers and employees, not knowing how long the new normal would last. In 2022, working from home is no longer a temporary solution. To ensure your teams have everything they […]
- Few sectors rely on data analytics more than insurance, with all of its requirements for underwriting risk and calculating various “if this, then that” scenarios. And that is certainly true at the 170-year old life insurance company MassMutual. Gareth Ross, MassMutual’s head of enterprise technology and customer experience, sat down with CIO.com’s Clint Boulton to […]
- Zoetis is a $6.7 billion global animal health business that was founded 70 years ago. The company sells its medicines, vaccines, diagnostic tests, and genetics in more than 100 countries to help animals live healthier, more productive lives. More recently, the company began deploying AI and other digital technologies to address the real-world challenges faced […]